Friday, November 20, 2009

Laptop Problems

This probably happens to a lot of people.

Right when you have lots of assignments to hand in, or you have a big project that you have just completed, something with one of your gadgets stops work. This could be your printer running low on ink, sucking paper in, or just not printing at all ... or your computer/laptop lags and the file you were just working on wasn't saved to the most updated version so you have to rewrite stuff, computer being on too long (cause you're probably just pulling an all nighter working) that it heats up and randomly crashes, or your internet suddenly doesn't work so you can't send whatever you need to or use hte internet to do your research... there's just too many possibilities!!

There is just too much that can happen. In a way I am starting to think computers control us more than we control them... if it crashes on me while I'm doing my 30% paper and i lose everything, i get screwed cause I'm just going to fail the course cause the professor won't really take your excuse of "oh my laptop died" even though its the truth!

Anyways.. so on with why I'm writing this. I'm working on my 30% project now.. my laptop is acting really funny on me. Lately, its been super slow or I guess I'm thinking too fast for it. Then the other day when I turned it on the screen was all dark. I could faintly see that it was on. The bulb for my screen is dying. I've restarted and gotten it to work again, but obviously this won't last long and I'm going to need a better plan.

I've had my laptop for a good 4 years now so I guess it is time for me to let it go and let it retire.. NOT until 30 days from now when I'm done my exams and I don't need to hand anything else in. I'm just praying it wont' mess up anytime soon. I totally need to backup my files but common... I really don't have time for that and I'm just too lazy to do it.

So I need a new laptop.. not sure what I'm going to get next.. I'm currently just using a regular ibm laptop cause I don't do much with it and battery life is great lasting me 4-5 hours (still even after 4 years). My friends have hp and their fans are really loud and heats up a lot. Other people with dell .. everyone 4 years ago that brought dell all had the same ones and they were really crappy. Everyone is telling me to get a mac book... not sure. I don't do anything fancy really. I just need my good old Word and regular Microsoft programs, firefox, msn, and I'm good. So I'm still not sure if I can justify why I am going to dish out $1000 for a mac book pro.

All my friends that have it says its amazing.. but then they don't really explain why. lol. For the features I need I can probably just get a regular laptop for like $500-700ish just simple hardware. So I need more reasons to why I should get a mac book pro. Suggestions?

1 comment:

  1. most gadgets are made to be crap quality. once they break, you as a consumer just buy a new one... that's how we stimulate the economy (since ww2) it's stupid and wasteful but.. what can you do right? 4 years is pretty good and is about the life expectancy of a laptop. unfortunately there really isn't anything we can do about it. that's why companies are constantly coming out with new models and lower prices...
    and i think for you if your not using a mac book for graphics, a regular mac book will do, pro isn't really necessary. plus, the cheapest 13'' pro is about $1500 after tax which I think is already pretty pricey >_< and if you want the "free ipod" you'd have to wait until the summer when apple has the back to school special.
    what am i trying to say? =S i dunno lol.. hmm i think microsoft programs on mac are a little slow.. just like mac programs on pcs. but once you get the hang of a mac you probably wont want to go back to a pc lol ok i think i can write a whole essay on this topic but if you have any questions about mac books, shoot me an email =)

    ReplyDelete